v0.18 - Lots of small changes, fixes, etc.

Hey guys,

v0.18 is out today and it brings forth quite a few changes.

- I created an arena where players can fight each other to death, or monsters - currently, entrance requires a key and several common & rare raids (that will only happen in the arena) will spawn there very soon. I'll start dropping ambiguous and cryptic hints as to where to find the key in-game in subsequent updates, because as it stands, the key would be extremely difficult to find intentionally or by accident.

- I changed a few basic single map quests (e.g - the rope, shovel and fishing rod in Snowy Pass temple) to storage quests. What's a storage quest? The database uses a unique ID to award you the award only once. I don't like the idea of quest boxes at all.  I firmly believe rewards in quests should be reserved only for those who explored and have the knowledge from exploring - so don't expect many quest boxes in future updates.

- I created a whole new depot (kept the current one above Chloe's shop intact) and introduced two new NPCs. "Karen the Kind" and "Kat the Jellyfish". Currently, Karen only sells parcel related items because she's the NPC over by the second depot, but Kat buys all kinds of rare items for high prices. Subsequently, all the rare items that could be sold to Chloe before Kat's existence have been removed.

- I removed dragon lords, frost dragons, dragons and carniphilias from the humanoid section, and replaced them with more giant spiders and crystal spiders to make that section feel more unified.

- I removed the bandit spawn formerly on top of the roof where training dummies used to exist.

- I greatly buffed lady bugs, and slightly nerfed giant spiders/crystal spiders attack because it was still way too high. Additionally, I introduced a new monster (ladybug lancer) & raid boss (genji overlord). I changed the loot of genjis, kyries, and slightly lowered the defense of the training monk as well.

- I fixed the directions depots were facing. I had no idea there were 4 different directions a depot could face, so now they're all facing in logical directions.

- I changed the stats on: boots of haste, dragon lance, guardian axe, great axe, ornate shield, golden armor, golden legs, golden helmet, and golden boots.

- I updated NPCs.




Comments